460 Posts in 227 Topics by 67 members

Demultiple

Forum » Demultiple » Multiple Contribution gather for SRME

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. However, you can browse all messages below.

Moderators: Andy Juniper , Guy Maslen , Keleigh Jones

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: Multiple Contribution gather for SRME 2540 Views

Multiple Contribution gather for SRME Link to this post

I am trying to estimate SRME apertures for a very shallow data (less than 40m). The multiple contribution gather is fairly flat for most of non aliased area in the gather (this is for Inline direction only). This is first time performing 3D SRME in such a shallow data. I attached a sketch to show roughly how the MCG is looking (A) whereas usually looks like B. Is it mainly because the data are shallow ?

Re: Multiple Contribution gather for SRME Link to this post

SRME is not ideal for data with shallow water depths. If your data is very shallow using another de-multiple technique might be the best option.

Hi Keleigh,

SRME is not ideal for shallow data indeed but could be beneficial if it is aimed only for deep targets by muting of water layer multiples. I am trying to understand flat shape in the MCG in far offset.

The concern with using SRME on shallow data is to make sure that the near offsets are such that the shallow water bottom is correctly captured, expecially for the far cables.
In order to determine if the SRME results are good or not you may be better off looking at the output model, rather than the multiple contibution gathers.
What version of GLOBE Claritas are you running SRME3D with?

Go to Top