453 Posts in 222 Topics by 67 members

Geometry

Forum » Geometry » Extracting trace midpoints from geometery file?

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. However, you can browse all messages below.

Moderators: Andy Juniper , Guy Maslen , Keleigh Jones

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: Extracting trace midpoints from geometery file? 3128 Views

Extracting trace midpoints from geometery file? Link to this post

Hi,

I am wondering, if there is a way to extract coordinates of trace midpoints as an ASCII file from geometry file.
Then it provides us to be able to plot trace midpoints by other plotting programs.

/Omid

Re: Extracting trace midpoints from geometery file? Link to this post

Omid,

Under the geometry tab of the launcher there is a Query button which launches the QGEOM application, select your desired geometry and this will open QGEOM showing the HEADERS information of the selected geometry. Click on the WHAT button and enter CDPS, this will the bring up a list of all CDP's, there XY corodinate, which I believe is the BIN centre, elevation, datum and fold of the CDP. If you then click the PRINT button at the bottom of the window this will allow you to either send to a printer or alternatively save to a file, define your output file name and this should provide you with a suitable text format file for your other applications.

Regards

Andy Juniper

Hi Andy,

That is true, but I think you can get just CDPS information from qgeom, I would like to plot "trace midpoints".
We can see trace midpoints distribution by using geometry interface and choosing trace midpoints under draw.
So Claritas can calculate coordinates of these points but I would like to plot them by another plotting software, then I need an ASCII file containing all of the trace midpoints.

Kind Regards

/Omid

There is currently no option in the geometry application to output a ASCII file containing the coordinates of the trace midpoints.
You could try making use of the HDRMATH module to calculate the trace midpoints (for example - (shot point + rec)/2) then use the TRPRINT module to output a file containing your calculated trace midpoint coordinates.

Thanks Keleigh, your suggestion worked fine! :D

Go to Top