453 Posts in 222 Topics by 67 members

Geometry

Forum » Geometry » 3D Geometry

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. However, you can browse all messages below.

Moderators: Andy Juniper , Guy Maslen , Keleigh Jones

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: 3D Geometry 769 Views

3D Geometry Link to this post

Is there any difference when selecting the Origin out of the survey or on the first receiver at the survey corner ?

Re: 3D Geometry Link to this post

When specifying the origin for a 3D grid take care to ensure that no data will fall outside the defined grid.
In GLOBE Claritas the 3D grid definition tool allows the user to input either a X-Y coordinate pair or a inline-crossline pair and have the application convert to the resulting inline-crossline value or X-Y coordinate. Making it easy to check that your origin is suitable for the entire survey and all data sits within the defined grid.

I want to understand the way of determining/calculation the Cross-line azimuth?

in my case, I specify Origin point using 1st option which is entering 2 pegs location in the Inline direction.
it gives me inline azimuth=48 & crossline azimuth=318

could you tell how Claritas calculate cross-line azimuth.

Using the 'Hitpoints' - 'Specify 3D grid' option in the GLOBE Claritas geometry application there are three options for defining the 3D-survey grid:
Enter two pegs (origin and inline)
Enter an origin coordinate and two angles
Specify the three hitpoint coordinates

With the first option you enter two peg numbers (not locations), one to define the origin position, and the second to define the direction of the first inline. These two pegs' coordinates are used to define the inline azimuth, from which the crossline azimuth is also derived (at 90 degrees to the inline).

Many thanks for your response.

So, the cross-line azimuth derived @ 90 degrees from Inline direction. is this done clockwise or anti-clockwise direction?
I have another question about using azimuth header to determine offset in negative side.
as i know we select azimuth range and multiply its offset header by -1.
in there any relation between cross-line azimuth and azimuth range for negative side?

Many thanks in advance for your help and patient.

The crossline azimuth (direction in which the crosslines run) should be 90 degrees clockwise from the inline azimuth (direction in which the inlines run).
I think the recommendation here is that for 3D positive and negative values are somewhat invalid as the receiver pegs can be located all around the shot pegs - so whats neagtive and whats positive. But, yes, if you like you could define the azimuth range for the negative side as you indicate

Go to Top