469 Posts in 230 Topics by 67 members

Statics

Forum » Statics » Static correction for 2D marine seismic data

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. However, you can browse all messages below.

Moderators: Andy Juniper , Guy Maslen , Keleigh Jones

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: Static correction for 2D marine seismic data 603 Views

Static correction for 2D marine seismic data Link to this post

Hi, Globe Claritas moderators.
I am a newbie in seismic processing and I am processing 2D line marine seismic data for my project. I have an issue how to apply statics to my data (shifting source and receivers depth to MSL). Could you please provide me some helps (materials, job flow, ...) to do that. Sorry for the noodle question, I am just new in processing.
Thank you so much

Re: Static correction for 2D marine seismic data Link to this post

The STATIC module is designed for general application of static time shifts, including those from *.shf static files, from trace headers, or as a constant bulk shift.
There are three options for running the STATIC module :
- File statics, eg refraction or residual statics. Previously calculated static shifts contained in a file may be applied. Up to four files may be applied in the same call to STATIC.
- A bulk shift may be applied to the entire data set
- Static delays contained in any trace header location may be applied. Specify the name of the header variable, and specify whether these shifts are times (M for ms) or samples (S). There is also a scalar to enable you to (eg) take off the shifts rather than apply them.
Any or all of the above may be used in the same STATIC call.

Send us an email at claritas.support@gns.cri.nz if you don't have access to the latest 2D marine tutorial and we can give you the details of where you can download this from. You may find this helpful as a brief introduction both to the GLOBE Claritas software and basic seismic processing.

Go to Top